Room 3 Update!

I hope this message is finding you well!  My household has been hit hard by allergies and other illness.  I hope yours is fairing better!!!

The kiddos are well underway in their research on their inventors/inventions.  I had them bring home the information they have gathered thus far in order to start planning their posters.  They do not have to research more (or begin their poster) but if they would like to, they are more than welcome!  The students are working on their research paper at school (and aren’t expected to do it at home) while their posters need to be completed at home.  A gold, half-sheet paper went home with the requirements for the poster earlier this week (In case it is missing, here is a link to that paper Inventor Poster Requirements as well as the original paper where they choose their inventor/invention Inventor Project Report).  As a reminder, posters will be displayed on Tuesday, June 20th for the day for all to come and see.  Parents and families are welcome to come at 2:45-3:30 to peruse our Inventor Fair and celebrate all of the kiddos’ hard work!  If you have any questions at all, please be sure to let me know! 🙂

Our field trip to the Dougherty House is this Tuesday, June 13th.  Please be sure to fill out and turn in the purple permission slip on Monday if you haven’t done so already.  Also, there was a miscommunication on my end about the number of  chaperones: it is ONLY four chaperones, not a minimum of four!  So I will be e-mailing you if you turned in the slip to chaperone for this field trip letting you know if you can join us or not.  Sorry for the confusion!

As the school year nears the end, please be sure to let myself or the office know of any planned or unplanned absences.  It helps us for any preparations we might need to do!  Thank you! 🙂

Important Dates

Tuesday, June 13th: Walking Field Trip to the Dougherty House

Tuesday, June 20th: Inventor Fair (posters due), families can visit from 2:45-3:30

Thursday, June 22nd: Field Day

Monday, June 26th: Last Day of School, 9:55-School wide Assembly, 12:30-Dismissal