Room 3 Update!

Happy Friday!  There are so many celebrations to make you aware of at this point: we are done with district & state assessments, the class earned the Golden Cheetah Cheer & Golden Trash Can award, and the class has filled the marble jar again!  I must say, we are heading towards the end of the year on a high note! 🙂

In Math, we are going through multi-step word problems and then we will look at patterns/fractions with tangrams.  In Science, the kids have identified the 18 minerals they have been observing and we will now take a look at the different types of rocks as well as the rock cycle.  In Literacy, the students will be researching and writing an informational essay on an inventor/invention.  A yellowish paper went home Wednesday explaining how the kids will be researching and writing in class and creating a poster board at home.  The bottom of this paper should be returned to me Tuesday, May 30th letting me know what inventor/invention your kiddo will be studying.  Next week, I will send home a paper that gives the requirements for the poster.  Our V.I.P. last week was Alex (as he was sick most of his V.I.P. week earlier in the year) and this week we learned about Evie.  Molly and Shauna will be the V.I.P.’s next to round out the end of the class! 🙂

The students filled the marble jar and voted on a class celebration!  I’m not sure how, but it ended up in a combo…Lazy/Game Day with a special treat of Root Beer Floats!  We will celebrate next Friday, June 2nd.  They can come dressed comfy (i.e. pajamas), bring in a pillow/blanket/stuffed animal, and also bring in a board/card game.  I will provide the root beer floats.  If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

I hope you have a wonderful three-day weekend and enjoy the sun! 🙂

Important Dates

Tuesday, May 30th: Inventor/Invention topic due

Friday, June 2nd: Lazy/Game Day Class Celebration, Full Day Friday

Tuesday, June 20th: Inventor Fair (posters due), families can visit from 2:45-3:30

Thursday, June 22nd: Field Day

Monday, June 26th: Last Day of School, 9:55-School wide Assembly, 12:30-Dismissal

One thought on “Room 3 Update!

1. I’m proud of the third graders ending on a high note! Great job guys on winning so many awards. Keep it up!!